Double Degree & Exchange Programs
- 11th June 2018
- Posted by: SIM HSG
- Category: Life at HSG
In the first semester you have the chance to apply for SIM-MBA Double Degree (SIM exclusive MBA program with INCAE in Costa Rica and Nanyang Business School in Singapore), Master Double Degree (DM2, the double degree proggram of HSG at ESADE, HEC Paris, and RSM), CEMS, and regular exchange. The SIM-MBA Double Degree is organized by the SIM Management Unit, whereas the Student Mobility Office organizes the Master Double Degree and regular exchange opportunities. The CEMS Office takes care of the CEMS MiM.
Please take a look at the various brochures and webpages to decide what is relevant to you. An information session for each of these opportunities is held at the beginning of the semester. You can only apply for one of the double degree opporunities that are provided to you. The application and asssessment period for the various double degree programs is between October-November 2018.
TIP: In order to get ready for your application, prepare your documents well in advance. The Student Mobility Office has specific requirements regarding your degree certificates, your language proficiency and your application documents. We strongly advise you to start looking into the requirements as soon as possible in order to avoid misunderstandings later in the process.
- SIMmies’ experience:
- “Prepare the documents for the exchange application early. The Student Mobility Office is strict on the requirements”
- “Bring your original degree certificate and transcript with one overall GPA”
- “During the last 1-2 days of the application window for exchange there might be a long queue at the Student Mobility Office, so go earlier”
- “The double degree info session contains a lot of insight that is not written in the brochure”
- “Talk to SIMmies who are doing or did the double degree options. Contact info can always be found through the SMU”
- “Make sure your language certificate is valid or have a test slot booked early”
- MBA: “Pay attention to the specific requirements of the school you apply for (i.e. work experience)”
- DM2: “Take some time to prepare for the interview, especially on the motivation in that particular school and program”
- DM2: “No need to worry too much about the schedule in the 2nd year yet”